The Professional Services Engineer (PSE) will primarily be responsible for the overall delivery of Deep Instinct’s software solutions to clients. This includes leading all technical aspects of the Deep Instinct solution while working alongside the project team. The project team includes a client lead(s) for each project as well as working internally with both Project Managers and Customer Success Managers. We are looking for an individual with a passion for delivering customer solutions. This role is very much hands-on. The successful candidate will be expected to take initiative and manage customer expectations and should have exceptional communication and listening skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to take direction and multitask in a high-pressure environment.
What You'll Do
Partner with our enterprise and MSSP clients to deliver predictable outcomes and experiences for their business by:
- Provide our customers with excellent hands-on service during and after Professional-Services Engagements (Deployments, Integration with customer’s environment, product training etc.)
- Help expand the Professional Services workflow and integration offerings by innovating and building reusable solutions.
- Learn, implement, expand, and teach best practices for implementation and configuration of Deep Instinct products.
- Take ownership and lead critical account situations to expedite resolution.
- Quickly identify necessary internal resources to minimize impact and provide customers timely updates and resolution timelines.
- Oversee and execute process improvements and the development of policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients as an implementation leader and solid technical resource, with a special emphasis on how and what we implement.
- Assess client’s technical needs and capabilities during projects to keep on task while best suiting their needs.
- Provide sound recommendations to ensure success.
- Be able to successfully multi-task across projects, customers, and internal activities.
- Demonstrate strong judgment at risk management and problem mitigation and make timely decisions from both a business and technical perspective.
- Must have the personality to quickly establish relationships with key stakeholders from Sales, Engineering and Services, and maintain these relationships over time through crisis situations.
- The Professional Services Engineer daily activities include but are not limited to:
- Installing and configuring customer deployments
- Assisting customers with day to day Deep Instinct products operation/ support
- Verifying configurations and implementing best practices
- Develop and maintain core competency on Deep Instincts product line and technologies
- Communicate potential issues, conflicts, unsatisfied clients to Customer Success and assist in responding to maintain client relationship.
- Contribute to internal operations and company growth through product testing, suggesting product improvements, and assisting with internal projects as assigned
- Perform data and/or application integration (Syslog, SMTP) design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements.
- Partner with internal relationship stakeholders (Sales, CS, PM) to deliver a cohesive customer experience from post-sales of the engagement all the way through to transition touchpoints (handoff to CS and Support).
What You Need for this Position:
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in cybersecurity, preferably in a customer-facing capacity
- Endpoint cyber security experience is preferred; Relevant accreditation (CISSP Certification or similar) is an advantage.
- Solid understanding of enterprise IT security strategies, products, and operations
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of REST APIs
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of at least one non-Windows platform (Linux and/or macOS)
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of one or more brands of virtualization technology such as VMware, Citrix, Docker, et al.
- Familiarity with implementing and using Software as a Service ("SaaS") solutions.
- 4+ years of customer-facing technical Professional Services deployment or technical support
- Experience working for a global company
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English; additional language knowledge is not required but it is helpful
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work and solve problems independently while presenting confidence & professionalism.
- Proven ability to interpret customer requirements into technical solutions and recommendations.
- Understanding of business process and workflow.
- Eagerly proactive – acts independently and responsibly and anticipates future events
- Service oriented – provides courteous and professional service through attentiveness and empathy.
- Effective and direct written and verbal communication.
- Self-motivated with strong team attitude.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Process oriented.
- Strong work ethic and impeccable integrity.
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
- Initiative and accountability.
- Adaptable to change/flexible.
- Innovative business and technical problem solver.
- Strong presenter and communicator.
- Capable of cross-selling products and services.
- Customer advocate.
- Understands and is sensitive to customer business requirements.
Approximately 20% annually
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.