Deep Instinct Champions Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2023
It’s officially Cybersecurity Awareness Month, a month-long collaborative effort led by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and the National Cybersecurity Alliance to raise awareness on how to stay secure online. This year, Deep Instinct is proud to be named an official Champion of Cybersecurity Awareness Month, a cause that further supports our mission of predicting and preventing known and unknown cyber threats.
This Cybersecurity Awareness Month is unlike previous years due to the sudden rise of cyber attacks leveraging generative AI. Want proof? Our recent Voice of SecOps Report found that 75% of security professionals witnessed an increase in attacks over the past 12 months, with 85% attributing this rise to bad actors using generative AI. This is a massive red flag for the C-suite and employees at large.
Combatting AI Threats with Deep Learning
Now, more than ever, attackers are leveraging AI to create new malware variants at an alarming pace. The issue is that current security mechanisms rooted in machine learning (ML) are ineffective against never-before-seen, unknown malware; they will only break down in the face of AI-powered threats.
The only way enterprises can truly protect themselves against AI-generated threats is with a more advanced form of AI – specifically, Deep Learning. Any ML-based, legacy security solution is too reactive and latent to adequately fight back – especially legacy AV tools including Symantec, McAfee, BitDefender, TrendMicro, and Kaspersky. Learn more about why you should get rid of your legacy and next-generation anti-virus (NGAV) tools.
What’s missing is a layer of Deep Learning-powered data security, sitting in front of your existing security controls, to predict and prevent threats before they cause damage. This is where Deep Instinct comes in – and the industry is taking note.
An Award-Winning Predictive Prevention Approach to Security
As a testament to our ability to predict and prevent cyber attacks before they happen, Deep Instinct has been honored with several industry awards over the past year. From product recognition to leadership honors, we are proud of our people, our technology, and our commitment to bolstering cybersecurity worldwide, through initiatives like Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
Here are just a few notable 2023 recognitions for Deep Instinct:
- Deep Instinct was named the “Best Deep Learning Company” for the second consecutive year in the AI Breakthrough Awards, an award program that recognizes the top companies, technologies, and products in today’s global AI market.
- Of the 18 vendors in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) report, Deep Instinct was the only new vendor added for its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
- Deep Instinct was listed as one of the 20 coolest endpoints and managed security companies of 2023 in CRN’s The Security 100.
- The team was named a finalist in the Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company in North America and the top Cybersecurity Product/Solution in Ransomware Protection in the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
- Deep Instinct was also recognized by the 2023 Global Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, winning gold and achieving the highest ranking for The Cybersecurity Industry Solution Awards for its Deep Instinct Prevention for Applications Platform in the software category for North America.
- The company was recognized as a finalist and earned an honorary mention in the 2023 Fortress Cyber Security Awards alongside the world’s leading companies and products working to keep the world’s data and electronic assets safe from growing threats and attack vectors.
In this new era of AI, it’s critical that you prevent cyber attacks, not just detect and respond to them after the fact like EDR. That’s not nearly enough in this AI-driven threat landscape. That’s why it’s time to dump the “assume breach” status quo and demand more. Learn why EDR is NOT enough.
We’re proud to be a leader in raising awareness of this issue, while helping to bolster organizations’ cybersecurity posture during a time when it’s needed most. For more information about Cybersecurity Awareness Month, please click here. To learn how Deep Instinct can help your organization combat AI threats, request a demo.